New remote fellowships in tech and journalismSuggest edits
Hey all you cool hacks and hackers! The Knight Science Journalism Program at MIT is accepting applications for remote fellowships.
Applications will be accepted through the end of June. Up to 20 fellowships will be announced at the end of July.
Worth a read:
- The University of Miami created a coronavirus tracking website specifically for Latin American countries.
- Founder and CEO of O’Reilly Media, Tim O’Reilly, published a piece musing on the global effects of COVID-19, the post-COVID future and how to prepare for the unknown.
- Data simulation, like The Washington Post’s coronavirus outbreak simulator, has become a growing trend in the midst of the pandemic for its ability to interact with users and help them better read and understand abstract ideas.
- Anywhere - Community Manager, American Press Institute
- Anywhere - Front-End Dev/Designer and more, Columbia Local News Initiative
- Anywhere - Full-Stack Engineer, Hearken
- June 6-10, Online, LAMPA 2020
- June 16-17, Online, INN at Home
- June 24-27, Online, Global Fact 7
- June 25-28, Online, Allied Media Conference
- July 16-17, Online, SRCCON
- July 19-Aug 1, Washington DC, US, AAJA Conference
- Aug 5-9, Online, NABJxNAHJ Convention
- Aug 27-30, National Harbor, US, IRE Conference
- Sep 10-12, Washington DC, US, Excellence in Journalism Conference
- Sep 10-13, Chicago, US, The Association of LGBTQ journalists (NLGA)
- Sep 23-27, Boise, US, Environmental Journalism Conference
- Oct 1-16, Online, Online News Association Conference
- Nov 5-8, Mechelen, Belgium, EIJC & Dataharvest
- Dec 4-6, Austin, US, Journalism & Women Symposium
- June 15, Data journalism award on Amazon Forest coverage
- July 15, ADAMI Media Prize for Cultural Diversity in Eastern Europe
- Rolling deadline, National Geographic grants to cover COVID-19
- Rolling deadline, FIJ grant for Americans to cover COVID-19
- Rolling deadline, IWMF relief grant for COVID-19 struggles
- Rolling deadline, ECFJ grants for stories on elections, AI, disinformation, etc.
- Rolling deadline, Ukraine Media Development Fund
- Rolling deadline, Contest fees for submitting solutions stories
- Rolling deadline, Fund for Environmental Journalism Rapid Response Grants